About Me

My photo
Northern-California native, trying to do as much as I can in the time I have here.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Last moments in the United States!

Made it safely to Pre-Training in Arlington, VA. It was a wonderful coincidence that my friend Scott Kircher was flying on the same plane from Sacrament to Washington D.C. for business school at George Washington University. We arrived a night early and was able to enjoy a little bit of the nightlife in Washington. All the monuments were on the way to his place. Washington would be a fun place to live at my age. There was plenty of people out on a Tuesday night and they all seemed around their mid-twenties.
We arrived home late and I wanted to grab a bite to eat at McDonald's next to our hotel but however their lobby was closed. I thought it would be worth a shot to order through the 24 hour drive-through and it worked...until I walked to the order window and the guy would not serve me. I sadly walked backed to my hotel room where I sat thinking about those delicious chipotle bbq snack wraps. Oh well.
The next day was filled with meeting all the 50 other volunteers headed to the Dominican Republic. The majority of the people were in their mid-twenties and the oldest was a grandmother. The guy to girl ratio is 1:1. We did a lot of basic training talking about risk and how to prevent them. It was fun and interactive but a little exhausting. They gave us $120 dollars for the next couple of days. Everyone was happy about that. My last meal was at Crystal City Sports Bar and I add chips and salsa, bbq sliders, and a nice cold beer to celebrate. We played a little pool and went home to get ready for our 2 AM wake-up call. Well that hasn't happened yet, it will in about an hour and I am sure I will regret not going to bed. However the time change isn't helping me much either.
Next blog will be in the Dominican Republic!

No comments: